Thursday, June 26, 2008

Milestone(s)

I'm marking my debut blog by announcing huge news...from 3 days ago. My fantastic kitchen designer submitted our drawings to the health department for plan review on Monday 6/23!!! Now there have been a handful of less tangible milestones so far on this journey (ie finally getting access to the building, finalizing the kitchen plan, making nice with the banker for my SBA loan), but officially telling the health department our intentions, and starting the back/forth process with them on the path toward approval really is important. My kitchen designer tells me he knows them and knows how to work with them. But as with everything....time will tell.

Ok, about this blog. I'm a recovering public relations/marketing type who attended culinary school in 2006 and have since been working all sorts of food jobs in San Francisco. Personal chef, gourmet food stores, teaching cooking classes, a brief stint in a hotel.

The plan has always been to be my own boss, and the dream is Lunch with Tony. A quick-service, order at the counter, lunch restaurant featuring the highest quality sandwiches/salads/soups. I'm excited, anxious, and scared. Definitely in that order. Friends and family have talked a lot about blogging the experience of opening this restaurant, and I'm hoping others might also be interested. Either way, here we go...

No comments: